The Skin You’re In…
Jim Rohn said it best “ Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” If your body is your home, your skin is the frame that protects the contents. It is exposed to the environment, impacted by our diet and other influences it needs to be maintained to function properly and look good. Skin care is paramount, keeping it healthy depends on you. Your routine has a direct impact. Healthy skin care is not an option, it’s a necessity.
- Our skin is the largest organ on our bodies.
- It has three (3) layers, each of which has a specific responsibility. The epidermis (outer layer) where your cells reveal what is going on in your body. The epidermis has an upper and lower level. The lower level is where new cells develop and the upper level is where the cell mature and shed.
- New cells take anywhere from two (2) weeks to a month to get from the lower to upper level.
Each layer has a very important purpose:
The middle layer; the dermis, this is where blood vessels reside, it is also home to the body’s oil glands, where sebum (natural oil) forms.
The third layer of your skin is the subcutaneous. This is the fat layer that keeps you warm, it absorbs shock and is where you will find the roots of hair follicles.
Why is this important to understand? Well, if you know the skin you’re in this information will provide you a path to better skin care.
Your skin is directly affected by how you treat it, what you put on it, the environment, and your diet. All of which you control. Do you love the skin you’re in? Do you desire healthy glowing skin?
A good healthy diet rich in nutrients and vitamins is always the best start. There are other simple steps that contribute to healthier skin.
- Cleanse with mild skin cleansers at least once daily unless you have oily skin more may . Have you tried OCM (oil cleansing method) it works to dissolve and purge the pores of dirt particles aiding in diminished pores. Check back here for more on OCM.
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- Moisturize your skin daily as needed with a moisturizer especially at night. Vangaleens.com has a wonderful collection of skin loving potions.
- Exfolliate your skin to remove dry, dead skin cells with products.
- Consume foods high in omega 3, 6, and 9 like salmon and antioxidants – foods and drinks alike, dark greens, leafy greens, and berries and heart be still chocolate, dark chocolate that is, to name a few.
- Break a sweat, yes, do some sort of exercise, it increases oxygen and circulates throughout the body providing nourishment for cell regeneration and keeps the mind sharp as an added perk.
- Protect your skin from UV-rays and environmental pollutants and affects.
- Revive your skin with a detox mask to draw out pollutants and replenish with a nourishing facial elixir.
- Stimulate circulation and cell renewal.
- Have an orange or a lemon, vitamin C is wonderful for the skin and lemons aid in detoxing the kidneys and liver.
- Limit bath and shower time, use warm rather than hot water and avoid harsh soaps.
- After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Manage stress…it kills, relax, get the stress out of your life and be rewarded with clearer skin. Stress is not only is it unhealthy, it ruins your skin. Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. Try to get 7 hours of sleep, it is one of the best anti-aging remedies. Slow down, take time pamper yourself, you deserve it.
- SMILE! Yes, smiling it makes you look and feel better, try it!
Beautify, with Vangaleen’s Natural Potions at our Beauty Boutique here we look forward to seeing you soon.